Terrorism - U.K - Elective or Mandatory?

So which is it, elective or mandatory?

The U.K., France, Israel, and Spain all have mandatory terrorism pools, while about 20 other countries have elective pools. Pool schemes allow property insurers to extend terrorism coverage based on the rules of the legislation that establishes the pool. Pool Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Poole Re) is the U.K.’s version. It is an elective scheme set up in 1993 after various terror incidents perpetrated by the IRA that made it hard for insurers and reinsurers to provide traditional terror cover.

If you click on the included link in the article - you'll note that the United Kingdom is a elective pool and also part of the "20 other countries" referred to in the paragraph above that have elective pools.

Will CAS accept both elective and mandatory for UK and get full points? ugh

Comments

• I did some further checking and it appears that the U.K. pool is indeed elective. If the question comes up on the exam, you should notify the CAS of a defective quesiton right after the exam. I've made a note in the wiki and have changed the 4th BattleCard in Quiz 1 of the IIC.Terrorism wiki article to reflect that.

Thanks for letting me know.